Monday, May 4, 2020

First Time in Singapore - Part One



Four Days in Singapore

All planned for the first overseas trip together.      YES.. after many many discussion rounds, late night long planing sessions ,reasoning , defensing, justifying..  finally all are set.

Destination was fixed as Singapore, Tickets were purchased through Malaysian Airlines,Bags were packed for 04 nights stay , only countdown was left..



Deciding the destination was not hard for us because Singapore was the first choice for both of us.It became more easy as we got so many brochures and information from my brother and sis in law who visited  Singapore very recently.

Takeoff... 13th February 2015

So the day has come.Both of us took only half day leave from work on the day we were travelling because only few things were left to keep ready as we have packed all the things earlier. I was specifically asked to stay away from packing because all I knew was messing things up  and my husband Prabath had realized it and mastered  bag packing by going few local trips with me... πŸ˜€πŸ’ΌπŸ’ΌπŸ’Ό

We were dropped to Air port by my brother and we were already reached the air port (Bandaranaike international Air port) before 3-4 hours. Things were smooth and nice until I was dying to drink a coffee as i saw a coffee shop near lobby area. So we went on and settled beside a table with sizzling cups of coffee.🍡

I started drinking and first zip of it made me realized how hot it was. My tongue was burnt and so did my throat. Trust me,  my tongue was hurt during my entire trip... So the coffee was left a side?  Never.. my friends, it didn't have such a bright destiny. it went in to my stomach without further complains.

After coffee adventure we spent few hours roaming in the air port where my husband thought we were doing window shopping  but in reality I was secretly adding things to my shopping list in my mind. πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ‘•πŸ‘ πŸ‘›πŸ‘œπŸ‘“. Come on Ladies.., it's our duty after all..

So we got boarded and the flight was smooth and comfortable for my husband while I was busy checking the flight details at least once in every 10 mins to get confirmed that pilot is using the correct route and maintaining the  appropriate height . Do I afraid of flying? Not really.. πŸ˜‚✈✈



45 Minutes in Malaysia...

Transit at KUL...

We reached Malaysia after three and half hours flight and we had one hour for the transit where we were asked to take another flight to Singapore for 45 mins. We had very limited time so we had to act fast and both of us were eagerly looking for the terminal of our next flight. We found all the other terminals except the one we wanted...!!!

So We went to a security lady and asked where this terminal was. She was looking at us for few seconds and went without saying a single word...!!! Guys are we that bad looking ? πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ί However, finally we found the terminal where we had to take a MRT.

Everything was set until I wanted to use the rest room. So my husband warned me about the time and I entered the ladies wash room running and pushed one of the washroom door and stepped in. Same time I heard a screaming voice and  was wondered who . 🚻🚻🚽    Friends... It took few seconds for me to realize that the screaming person was the women who is using the  toilet and  I am the leading lady of the play who had opened her door and still looking at her stunned without closing the door. 😨😨😧 

As soon as my veins started pumping blood I closed the door embarrassingly and apologized. Directly I went to the next toiled and got my door closed.Guess what ..I decided not to open it  until I get confirmed that all the people have gone out. Finally, when I was coming found my poor husband  waiting outside with my bags anxiously...

But every dark cloud has a silver line . I had no problem spending the rest of time till flight  because I was too busy on covering my face and  praying that I wont meet the lady at the wash room...

So, bye bye Malaysia.... See you on our way back home...

Now we are boarded to the next flight. Time was around 6.30 am in the morning . This time I couldn't check flight status because I was too sleepy and starving.πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ I didn't mind.., because it was a very short flight. Inside of the plain was not very clean and signs of a highly occupied domestic flight can be seen everywhere. Even from the staff... Packets of peanuts were like thrown on us and me and my husband was able to catch using our talents right before it was hitting on the ground. πŸ₯œπŸ₯œπŸ₯œ

Singapore, Here we come...

Changi Airport, Singapore...

It was already 7 o'clock in the morning and darkness was getting vanished second by second sunlight was getting brighter, and It was so simply spectacular to see the vessels around Singapore bay in bright blue ocean and sky tall buildings. I was mesmerized by the view.

First step on the land made me realize the cleanliness in the country and I was delighted by the service everywhere. We were managed to come out of the Changi International Air port around 7 o'clock in the morning after immigration procedures. First thing we did was giving a call to our cousin brother "Prana"  who was waiting outside for us. I was starvings like a zombie but It didn't make me forget to fulfill the ritual of going wash room in every Air port. This time I managed to find a vacant wash room.🚺🚻

So Prabath and I came out of the Air port to find Prana and we decided to get a MRT to our hotel. Maps are available in every MRT station and it was really easy to find your way. We have booked Summer View Hotel for our stay at Singapore. We were lucky enough to get an early check in to our room, so got a chance to refresh ourselves for a while...

We'll share the rest of our journey in our next blog...

Keep in touch...😊😊😊 


No comments:

Post a Comment